John Edward Lautner is possibly the most innovative architect that ever lived.
His residential structures are among the most iconic and architecturally significant single-family homes in Southern California. They include:
- the Sheats Goldstein residence on the border of Beverly Hills
- Bob Hope’s former residence in Palm Springs
- a midcentury jewel in Silver Lake, CA known as Silvertop
- the Garcia Residence, aka The Rainbow House
- the Wolff Residence in the Hollywood Hills
- the Schaffer Residence located at the base of the Verdugo Mts
- Chemosphere in the Hollywood Hills
- the Elrod House in Palm Springs. It was featured in the James Bond movie, Diamonds Are Forever
To find a modern home designed by John Lautner and other famous modern architects visit my curated list of mid-century modern homes for sale in Los Angeles.